Iowa Cyclocross Series - Rules
- Riders earn points for placing first through tenth place in the listed categories.
- Results for each round of the series are considered final after the protest period ends at the end of each race category.
- The series winner is declared on the last round of the series.
- In the case of a tie, the rider with the best result for the last race in the series will win the tiebreaker.
- Points are only transferrable if a rider has NOT raced in the upper category before. Example: Cat. 3 upgrades to Cat 2. Cat 3 racer has been racing both the Cat 3 category and the Cat 1/2/3 category. No points transfer.
- No points are transferrable for masters race categories.
- After a racer upgrades, their points are no-longer counted for the lower category.
- Racers will be staged by USA Cycling points.
- Day-of registrations will be staged at the back of the field.
- While not common, series promoters have the right to award call-ups at their discretion. Example: previous race winner.
All points will be tabulated with the following system.
- Masters 35+
- Masters 45+
- Masters 55+
- Women 1/2/3
- Women 3/4/5
- Men 3/4
- Men 4/5
- Men Pro 1/2/3
- Junior Boys 9-12
- Junior Girls 9-12
- Junior Boys 13-14
- Junior Girls 13-14
- Junior Boys 15-18
- Junior Girls 15-18
14 race days are included in the series for 2018.
- Sept. 1 - Cannonball Cross 1
- Sept. 2 - Cannonball Cross 2
- Sept. 8 - Dirty Wooden Shoe 1
- Sept. 9 - Dirty Wooden Shoe 2
- Oct. 6 - Sakari Cross
- Oct. 13 - Twisted Cross 1
- Oct. 14 - Twisted Cross 2
- Oct. 21 - The Grand 2
- Oct. 27 - Spooky Cross 1
- Oct. 28 - Spooky Cross 2
- Nov. 3 - Creekside ReUnion Cross
- Nov. 4 - Creekside Cross
- Nov. 11 - Frosty Cross 1
- Nov. 11 - Frosty Cross 2